Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tutorial: Fairy Art Schools


What fun! Take a look! The ideas of endless! I'm picturing rainforests, galaxies, deep ocean realms, tall grass retreats...All scenes I wanted to do in a shadow box, cigar box, jar, birdhouse, fish tank, a box I built myself, anyplace I could create a little inner world. 

I first came along this tutorial via A Magical Whimsy.  She recently started her blog and shared this tutorial with us.  I like it because it shows how to create that slanted roof, which is very easy to do, and gave me a few other pointers along the way that I didn't think of.  Thank you!

7 comments:

A Magical Whimsy said...

Yay! I'm so happy you liked the Fairy School tutorial so much you added it to your blog too...it is just soooo charming!
I just became one of your followers.
Cheers!
Teresa in California

Mrs. Art Doll Maker said...

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to reading your future posts, too!

ArtMuse Dog and Carol said...

Enchante' ~ Rather love your dolls more ^_^ ~ wishing you the best in the day ^_^

Mrs. Art Doll Maker said...

Thanks, Carol. For me, everything is a canvas and many ideas flourish off of a single idea. For instance, this Fairy School, I was thinking on adding stuffed art dolls to it instead of using the flat art doll figures and taking it to a different dimension - perhaps, a galaxy scene. It's so much easier to see than to explain one's vision; but, this is on my long list of to do creations! Most things act as springboards for my imagination to dive into the endless ocean world of my creations!

Terri said...

Thank you so much for posting about my video series! You are so kind!
Your blog is lovely and I am looking forward to checking it all out.
Hugs,
Terri

ArtMuse Dog and Carol said...

I hope you are well and just busy creating ~ ^_^

Mrs. Art Doll Maker said...

Hi, sorry I'm getting back to you now. Well, its been both. Very busy with a couple of series of dolls but have taken a step back due to a family death. It was unexpected and devestating since it was a young death. All my energy drained from me but I've slowly gotten back into doll making and am creating up a storm again.