Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Created by Glo von Gesslein
12" x 12"


Okay, a little late in the day; but, I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Mom's Day. 

This is a bouquet I put together for my Mom-in-law.  I laid out a selection of different ideas and had my husband choose what he liked for her.  Everything was bought at Michaels. 

Materials:
1. Ceramic cup attached to plate
2. (2) bouquet of flowers
3. Trim around cup
4. Small green styrofoam cone
5. Lots of double sided taped wrapped around the inside and on bottom of inside cup to secure bouquet

Steps:
  1. I rounded the green cone off on the bottom edges with scissors until it fit better inside the cup.
  2. Then, I cut it down to size so it peeked out a few inches above the cup. 
  3. I cut each of the flower stems off from the bouquet with wire cutters and stuck them into the cone. 
  4. I made double sided tape and secured the cone to the inside of the cup so its more secure.  This way, she can always remove the flowers if she wants to and use the cup for something else.
  5. Lastly, I used E6000 to adhere the trim around the top edge of the cup.
Next week's post: 
My new series of dolls called Tropical Beauties and Paradise Pooch.