Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Art Doll: Rosanna - Doll of Love and Following Your Dreams

Rosanna
13" x 5"
Art Doll and Photo by Glo von Gesslein


Rosanna was created mostly from an Icon Doll class and kit I purchased a few years ago by Art Alchemy Studio.   This kit was the second one purchased and was safely stored away all this time until I had a hunger to pull it out.  She was created in a couple of days because I had a strong, clear vision for how I wanted her to come out.

When I first saw the kit, the colors and textures immediately reminded me of "love". 

After Rosanna was completed, there was something about her that reminded me of the Italian Renaissance.  There is a gracious warmth about her, as well.

She sat before me.  We stared at each other for the longest time, deciding what name to bestow on her.  Since I couldn't think of anything that was befitting, I asked her.  "Rosanna" immediately came to mind. Later, I found out its meaning is "Rose" or "Gracious Rose".

Here are some close up shots of her. My apologizes for the one that came out blurry.  This is the best one I could get.  Think it's time for a new digital camera, too.


Close Up of Rosanna
13" x 5"
Art Doll and Photo by Glo von Gesslein

Here she holds a small painting of the Mona Lisa.  The painting can be found in the Memory Making aisles of craft stores. 


Close Up of Rosanna
13" x 5"
Art Doll and Photo by Glo von Gesslein

A velvet leaf and two silver charms titled, "Love" and "Follow Your Heart" adorn her bodice. 


Close Up of Rosanna
13" x 5"
Art Doll and Photo by Glo von Gesslein

She holds 2 staffs that were created from the plastic shoe inserts of new shoes.  I cut them down to size with regular scissors and wrapped beaded trim around them, using a glue gun to secure them together at the top and bottom.  Her arms are brass chains that hold onto the staff and wrap around her body.


Close Up of Rosanna
13" x 5"
Art Doll and Photo by Glo von Gesslein

A close up shot of the Mona Lisa and a little heart placed in the general area where it would normally be found.  The Mona Lisa adds a bit of mystery, which I see in her, as well. 

Next week: Pattern Designing and Coming Up with Outlandish Figures

* Name meaning derived from Baby Names and Baby Names World.